Friday, October 21, 2011

Fight Maddie, Fight.

Okay guys, we need some serious prayers and positive energy for this precious little darling, Madison Williams.

madison williams

 

 

Maddie (2 yrs) is an adorable identical twin girl…here with her sis and BFF, Abbie.

maddie and abbie dressed up

 

 

Her mom, Stephanie (far left) is one of my friends in my “local area Texas Multi Mamas group” that I am a part of. Winking smile

SAM_0665[1]

 

This past Monday, Steph took the girls to have their flu shots at their pediatrician's office. Maddie had some diarrhea (nothing crazy, no temperature) and told her Mommy that her tummy hurt. When Stephanie began to feel around Maddie's belly, she felt a knot to the right of her belly button and thought that she might have some type of obstruction. So, when the girls went for their flu shots... Steph brought this up to the Pedi.

maddie and steph
 
The Pedi palpated Maddie's stomach, felt the 4 cm mass (the size of a walnut) and immediately transported them to Dallas Children's Hospital.

 
Tuesday, sweet little Maddie had a CT scan which revealed the tumor, close to her spine.

 

Wednesday, Maddie had an MRI which confirmed the Neuroblastoma. Good news is that they caught it extremely early!

 

She will be having surgery next Tuesday morning- October 25, to remove the mass. They will not know the stage of the cancer (if it has spread to the lymph nodes or other organs), until after her surgery next week.

maddie

 

PLEASE BE PRAYING!

and go send them your love at their Caring Bridge Site:

http://www.caringbridge.org/visit/madisonwilliams1

 

Stephanie believes that it is nothing short of a miracle that Madison had become somewhat dehydrated from the diarrhea and had lost some weight----making it possible for her to feel the mass in her baby girl’s abdomen so early in this process. (divine intervention)
 
 
These past couple of days have been an absolute nightmare and whirlwind of emotions. Steph has lots of family and friends surrounding her and supporting her right now. I just cannot imagine and have not been able to stop thinking about Steph (as a Mommy) and what she is going through.
maddie and steph sweet smiles

 

We joined them last night at Chuck-E-Cheese to have some fun and to show our support for the little princess! At one point, Steph and I were standing together, staring at our identicals (who were never more than 2 inches away from each other the entire evening), talking about how strong the bond is between two kids who share the exact same DNA……………

10 october 2011 16610 october 2011 165

 

 

 

and I just cannot even begin to imagine…………….

maddie and abbie 

 

FIGHT-MADDIE-FIGHT!!!

 

suz signature

34 comments:

Tina Michelle said...

Her family will be in my thoughts. What a tough situation to go through. I truly hope they get the whole tumor out and this is the end of her fight!

Crissie said...

Prayers from North Carolina...

Anonymous said...

I will pray for this little girl and her family, what a hard situation I can not imagine.

Crystal Renee said...

Prayers from Eastern North Carolina. Precious!!

Krystal said...

I am somewhat of a lurker on your blog. I've been reading for a couple years and never comment... but this post made my eyes mist over, probably from attempting to imagine.....
They are in my thoughts and prayers!

Summer said...

I'm praying for Maddie!! Please keep us updated next week!

Carrie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's sweet little girl! Without a doubt, they are in my thoughts. My own friend has a one year old who was diagnosed with leukemia in July.

My friend recently wrote about the Creating Hope Act which provides market incentives to pharmaceutical companies to develop drugs for pediatric cancers.

People can contact their state representatives and urge them to support the act by going here: http://www.congressweb.com/cweb2/index.cfm/siteid/KAKI/action/TakeAction.Contact/lettergroupid/9#.TonUM35
It's a very simple process that takes a couple minutes. More information about the act can be found here: http://www.kidsvcancer.org/new-drugs/

Sorry to leave you such a long comment. You have so many readers and I thought you might be interested in spreading the word in honor of your friend's little girl. Best wishes!

K @ Running Through Life said...

Prayers from California

Jodi said...

PRAYERS through TEARS.... right now!!!! For Maddie, sister, and Mommy. As a mother, seeing your baby sick in the hospital is one of the most helpless feelings in the world. Please keep us posted.

Kaci said...

Prayers from Ohio!

Anonymous said...

Prayers go to your friends and their precious daughter!!

Ginny said...

Prayers from Northwest Arkansas for Maddie and her family. I know how it feels to go thru cancer as I am battling breast cancer at the moment, however, I do not know how a small child feels battling cancer as they really don't understand what truly is going on. I pray that God will place his hands upon the surgeon that will remove her tumor and she will get thru this and hopefully no chemo. I pray that her sister will be able to get thru this as well as her parents. Be sure to keep all of us readers updated on Maddie's condition too.

Been reading your blog for several years now and this is the first time I have actually commented but love reading about the Steece Quads as you and your husband are blessed with 4 beautiful children.

www.ginnybrumback.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

Found your blog years ago through mutual friends, I work at Children's so please let me know if there is anything I can do!

Karren said...

Praying and believing God will heal that baby girl!!

Stephanie said...

Hi there, I read your blog all the time but don't think I've commented much. I'm a momma to two little boys (6 & 3) and just like every other parent out there, I worship the ground they walk on. I am in tears reading this post, just cannot imagine going through something like this. I will be saying my prayers and lifting this family up!

Leigha said...

Praying for them! My son was 7 when he lost his battle from Neuroblastoma. It's a hard road and we will be praying for them all along the way!!!

Anonymous said...

Praying for little Maddie and her family.

Unknown said...

I cannot even imagine!! So glad they caught it early and I hope God continues to be on her side through this all!!

Anonymous said...

Sending prayers from New Hampshire. NB is a horrible, cruel disease -- let's hope they caught it early and can treat her with early and permanent success!

Anonymous said...

Praying for your sweet little friend.

amanda said...

long time reader! thank you sharing this. have them check out whatchagonnado.org

Mercy Langille said...

Sending prayers her way from India. I hope she makes it.

Tiffanie said...

Sending my prayers from Oregon. I pray God guides the doctors hands, that the news is good and the cancer hasn't spread, I pray for peace for her family during this process, and I pray for those sweet little girls to be playing while completely healthy soon!

Anonymous said...

Found you through the Cox quads and will be praying.

There is a foundation in Houston called the Layla Grace foundation that specifically deals with this type of cancer and offers support to those families affected. The family may want to contact them.

G said...

Praying for this sweet little girl.

Unknown said...

Wow! I have great confidence that God has his hand on this sweet family. It is nothing short of a miracle that the NB was caught that early...usually the mass is quite big before it is noticed. Praying for sweet Maddie, her family, and those involved in her care.

Anonymous said...

Prayers for Maddie!
Here's a VERY similar story... the Whitt family had identical twin girls (Piper and Tuesday) and Tuesday was diagnosed with neuroblastoma. The full story is on their site:
http://www.thewhitts.com/half12/tuesdays-story
Hopefully this story ends differently (praying Maddie will kick this) but the Whitt family may be able to help this family...

Jen said...

I am a fellow Texan and will keep Maddie and her family close to my heart. I can't even imagine how any parent deals with such news; hang in there. I think her sister will be her proudest cheerleader. Please keep us posted.

Maggie said...

I will definitely keep her in my prayers. I would like to ask you to pray for another little girl named Bailey Leon, who was also diagnosed with neuroblastoma quite a while back. It was a total shock to the family (as is any cancer)but especially how they discovered it.

Bailey's grandmother was dropping her off at school and Bailey wouldn't get out of the car, claiming she couldn't move her legs. (Keep in mind she was walking around her house earlier that morning) Her grandma thought she was just being silly, but once she realized that Bailey was serious, they rushed her to the hospital and the tumor was discovered. She's been battling this cancer for about 3 years now and she is such an amazing little fighter. Please visit her website, www.bucksforbailey.com

I will pray my hardest for sweet little Maddie!

cat said...

Do fight little Princess. Keeping her in our prayers.

GRE said...

My sister is an oncology nurse at Children's Hospital...I will tell her to give Maddie some extra care and loving! She will be in great hands! I will be thinking and praying for her and her family.

Dana said...

Isaiah 53:5
"But he was wounded for our transgressions, he was bruised for our iniquities: the chastisement of our peace was upon him; and with his stripes we are healed." KJV

What beautiful girls!

I believe the LORD has met Maddie and delivered her of this....I will keep checking your blog for updates.

Anonymous said...

Praying for Maddie, and Bailey too, from California. What a terrifying situation. May God walk with them every step of the way.

-Holly

Anonymous said...

Just wondering whatever happened with maddie?? Havent heard an update in quie some time. Praying all is well

Related Posts with Thumbnails