Thursday, December 15, 2005

Bad Dreams...Anyone?

okay...so, this has plagued me for a while...if any of you know anything about interpreting dreams (not spiritually, but on a more medical/psychological basis) i would appreciate your input...

i hardly EVER remember my dreams. i know that supposedly all of us dream, several times a night...it's just a matter of if you remember the exact dream or not....

when i remember my dreams...they are TERRIBLE! i mean, absolutely HORRIFIC! the kind that give you creeped out, weird, uneasy feelings all the next morning/day. none of the warm and fuzzies, no "awww how neat, friends i haven't seen in a long time!", NO....i don't know what it wrong with me! every once in a while i will remember my ghastly dreams...(and it's not just when i'm stressed out or sleep deprived...it's random and can be on a wonderfully perfect night..it has no rhyme or reason)

examples: (get ready, these are kinda creepy):
*my dad getting kidnapped and held for ransom, while being tortured
*my brother and sister in law dying in horrible car wrecks
*joe getting tortured and killed
*my uncle and aunt (who i absolutely LOVE) chasing me, trying to kill me, and i have to choose between risking death by saving my puppy or running and surviving (my dream this week)
*one of my good friends getting cancer, being on hospice and i'm his nurse in his surgery and in recovery while he's slowly and painfully dying (this was about a year ago and i couldn't get a hold of him on the phone for about a month! i was freaking out!)

gasp. i know. suz is messed up. while having these dreams, i will be so physically sick, curled up in a ball, holding my breath b/c i'm crying so hard in my dreams. i will have a horrible headache and my face will be all red. i will wake up and be so freaked out for like hours...once again, these dreams are EVERY once in a while...not often

MY PROGNOSIS: is that i LOVE these people soooooooooo much. subconsciously, i am terrified of something happening to them.. (that makes me feel better, than thinking i'm severely demented!) ;)

any thoughts? or similar dreams? do i need strong anti-psychotic medication (JOKE)? :)

4 comments:

Amanda Ware said...

What kind of shows are you watching, I have been going nuts with CSI and 24 and finding my dreams are about terrorists and scary things happening! I like your diagnosis a bit better....you love people so much! Way to look on the positive side! Just watch out for that TV! This may be my parnonia talking! I will be watching March of the Penguins tonight to clean my mind of phsyco killers!

suzanne said...

oooh....didn't think of THAT! i LOVE CSI and Medium and Oprah! (in fact, i was watching Oprah the night of my last dream--it was about husbands turning into cold blooded killers and killing their families!) hmmm...ya think THAT had something to do with it? (hence the sarcasm)

lauren said...

Ok, I just had this conversation with Josh the other night because I have been having lots of vivid nightmares lately (symptom of pregnancy), but they're all of me being chased or hunted by a killer and me hiding. Recently I dreamed a killer was in my bathroom while we were sleeping and I could barely move to wake Josh up. We both agreed that I needed to stop watching CSI, Law and Order SVU, Criminal Minds, 24, etc. right before bed! THat's so weird that you said that, too, Amanda! I try to watch bits of DVR'd Oprah or something before bed. Suz, I think the main reason is that you are missing your childhood youthgroup/college roomate friends. I think I read that somewhere... ;) But seriously, I agree with Amanda. Other than that, I think there's not much you can do.

Mo said...

Suz- I have never seen a blog before- how cool! My heart goes out to you about these nightmares. I love to dream and I am always curious about them. I think you are having nightmares because you were/are anxious or aprehensive about something. Could it be stress at your job, feeling anxious about a holiday visit with family- or a life change? I'd say once you resolve the stress or aprehension the nightmares should go away. Remember you can't always plan everything and somethings are out of your control.

Related Posts with Thumbnails