Friday, July 02, 2010

Girls Just Wanna Have…

 

the TIMES OF OUR LIVES!!! (Warning- SUPER long post covering our Quad Momma 2010 annual “Momcation”!)

Let’s jump right in, shall we??? Sandra, Moni,  and Gen all flew into DFW on Wednesday evening and spent the night at the Steece house. Thursday morning, our good blog buddy friend- Elyse- came over to meet everyone (I don’t have any of those pics yet! Bummer)…along  with my bestie, Liz and lovely sis-in-law, Ashley! Joe was home for lunch as well---talk about a full house! After some “Chick-filllah” (right JK?), we all hopped in the trusty ‘ole Ford and headed down to Lakeway, TX. (North of Austin) ROAD TRIP!

The lake house that Mari lined up for us was absolutely amazing!!!

232323232fp63266_nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_9959_9348nu0mrj 

Here is the view from our infinity pool overlooking Lake Travis! SO beautiful!!!232323232fp633_3_nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_98_839348nu0mrj-1

 

Lots of huggin’, kissin’, and lovin’ on 15 of my best friends! Welcome to Texas, y’all! We are all just beaming as everyone arrives! ;)

Austin Quad Mom 20101

 

Jac getting things started with a back flip into the pool---in her cute little dress- no doubt! Crazy swamp thang, I love you.

232323232fp63248_nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_98_843348nu0mrj

 

A couple of snapshots around our new home away from home (Kami, Suz, JWalk chillin’ around the fire pit)

IMG_4706

 

These sneaky little party planners had all sorts of surprises lined up for us! (Casey, Moni, Sandra, and Mari)

IMG_4712 

 

First off, some silly awards and gag gifts! (the facial expressions are priceless---we had SO much fun)

232323232fp63278_nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_98_845348nu0mrj

 

Passing out presents! Monogrammed beach bags and beach towels---are you kiddin’ me?!?! Hey you fab 4, thanks for all of the special treats! It felt like Oprah’s favorite things giveaway (not to mention Misty’s handmade, personalized jewelry as well! Thanks, woman!)

IMG_4711

 

And the most special gift---my AWESOME silly band from Hannah Noelle Cochran! She hand picked one of her own silly bands for each and every quad mom…so sweet, right?! Naturally, I had a Texas cowboy ridin’ a horse. Yeeehaw! PERFECTION. Thanks a heap, ‘lil girlfriend!  XOXO

IMG_4775

 

Trying out the good ‘ole self timer on the camera. (one of many)

IMG_4713

 

On to the Birthday Party! Yep- some genius ladies decided to throw a party for all of us. Throughout the year, we miss almost all of our b-days and buying a present for 15 different gals gets kind of expensive---so we decided to draw names for secret QUAD MAMA SISTAS (…that was for you, Conor & Joe). The gift exchange was a blast and the party was complete with Mr. Gatti’s Pizza, buckets of the best Ranch you will EVER eat, and gourmet cupcakes!

232323232fp6338__nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_98_83;348nu0mrj

 

It was definitely going to be hard to top that first night in the lake house…but we were going to give it our best shot! We summoned the help of quad father, Joe Steece, to come over and take some group photos of these hot mamas. (Considering that Joe and my kids were literally blocks away- staying at Grammy & Grampy’s for the weekend!)

IMG_4720

 

Seriously, one of my FAVORITE PICS OF ALL TIME! The video to go along with the jumping is priceless. We weren’t having loads of fun or anything…(especially JK and her busted up legs! tee hee, poor thang!)

IMG_4725

 

Ahhh…take a look at this picture- which clearly depicts how we spent the majority of our time for 4 straight days---> It. Was. Heaven.

232323232fp63276_nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_97865;348nu0mrj

 

Charity, Beth, and Jenna- hot tubbin’ it like pros

232323232fp633_6_nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_978665348nu0mrj 

And of course, no trip would be complete without the infamous makeovers- performed by yours truly, G, and Mon.

Austin Quad Mom 20103-1

 

Charity, Beth, Suz, JK, JWalk, and Heather ready for a fun night---everybody remember your ID’s!

IMG_4732

 

67 children between the 16 of us! As my good friend, Jenna Walker,  would say… “GOOD GRAVY!”

IMG_0229

 

That’s right---we travel in style…party bus style! ;) Did everyone remember your ID?

Austin Quad Mom 2010         

Mari and I were SOOO excited to take the girls to La Traviata at 4th and Congress. We had been talking about the Chicken  Carbonara all day long. I think everyone ordered the same thing—and it definitely didn’t disappoint! (SO glad you guys all loved it as much as we did!)

IMG_0245

 

Some pictures around the table: Kami, Mari, Suz

IMG_0241

 

Jac, Moni, Casey, Sandra

IMG_0246-1

 

Beth and Charity

IMG_0240

 

Me and Jac Attack

IMG_0238

 

Jenny King, Jenna Walker, Misty, Gen

IMG_0247-1

 

 

Heather, AJ, Kelly

IMG_0248

 

Jac and Moni

IMG_0239      

CHEERS! Me and Mare, loading up on some caffeine before we hit the town! (It takes a LOT to get these *old* ladies out on 6th street. tee hee)

IMG_0252

 

Watch out downtown Austin---16 quad moms, childless, and ready to party! One of us might even take over your DJ stand and spit out mad rhymes…I’m just sayin’. I think we have a new nickname for Beth (but JWalk might fight you for it). And Casey, God bless your energy, girlfriend. ;) Good thing we ALL have our ID’s from Suz reminding us all day long.

232323232fp63389_nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_98_858348nu0mrj

 

Charity, the loveable high-pitched Chihuahua,  devoured a late night hot dog (from a street vendor, GASP!) and politely offered a bite to anyone who was interested. “No thanks, girl…I think I’ll pass… No really… I’m good.” ;)

 

After sleeping in and hitting the pool the next morning---we ventured on over to a little place I’d like to call: Suz & Joe’s favorite Mexican food cantina on the lake…otherwise known as Iguana’s.

IMG_4741

 

FAVORITE PICTURE #2- Me and my bestie…Genevieve Caridi McNulty. Just look at that GORGEOUS view of Lake Travis!

232323232fp63259_nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_98_85_348nu0mrj-1

 

Char and Bethie Boo…love those 2.

IMG_4736 

 

After Iguana’s, the peeps riding in my car made a pitstop over to the Steece hacienda---to meet the fam and grab some munchkin hugs. Looking back, I probably shouldn’t have gone over there, because my darling little Drew was VERY sick and lethargic (not his sunny, bubbly self)…just pierced my heart and couldn’t get him off my mind. (He’s doing tons better now!)

Austin Quad Mom 20104

 

The next day, we prepared to say good-bye to Beth and Charity---“leaving so soon?! Boooo-hissss!” So we posed for some pics in our awesome Quad Momma 2010 shirts- designed by the uber talented: Casey Gerwer (she owns her own clothing business, y’all! Check it out). THE SHIRTS ARE ADORABLE!

IMG_4760 

 

Silly pic---are you noticing a trend here?…NERDS.

IMG_4761 

 

We hit up the Hill Country Galleria for some good food at the Iron Cactus and a little light shopping at my favorite store of all time---Francescas. Me and Genny eating some fantastic Mexican grub. (Yes JK, we dip fried tortilla chips into liquid cheese known as Queso…and it is phenomenal! I’m pretty sure I’ve converted you)

IMG_4764 

 

Alas…we get to Monday…the last full day. Jenna, Kami, Kelly, Misty, Mari, and Jac all left us. :( Boooo! But the remaining Elite 8 were bound and determined to have some fun! So we took them to my fav sushi place in Lakeway- Mizu.

Heather, Suz, and JK

IMG_4765

 

The remaining party goers: Cox, Cochran, King, Steece, Graf, Sathers, McNulty, and Gerwer… would ya look at that view?!

IMG_4779

 

Yummmm…Chorisi Fire! Did you hear that, Gen? “FIRE”. We all know how FIRE doesn’t bother you ONE BIT.  You keep stickin’ with it, girlfriend. ;) (Thanks to the other girls for putting up with me, Gen, and Casey’s CRAVING for good sushi!)

IMG_4776

 

…oh, and don’t forget the Creme Brulee ;)

232323232fp63389_nu=6463_74__257_WSNRCG=329_98_893348nu0mrj-1   

 

Just can’t get enough of the goofy pics with these fun ladies!

IMG_4780

 

Our last night…definitely memorable. Between the cheerleading stunts, Moni’s never ending Bronco’s tub, Heather’s one-liners, Gen’s attempt at a handstand, Casey’s attempt to flip me over, Sandra’s poses, and the infamous grasshopper attack---I don’t know if I’ve laughed that hard in a reeeeally long time!

Austin Quad Mom 20102

 

Trying the self timer again…nothin’ but love for my partners in crime! The girls who had already made it home, were inundated with about a billion text messages from our crazy group.

IMG_0286

 

This trip was amazing…just what we needed to take a break from our stressful day-to-day lives as quad moms. I want to thank EVERY SINGLE PERSON who helped in taking care of our 67 children- so that this trip could even be possible. A special thanks to Joe, Ashley, Grammy & Grampy Steece (especially Grammy- for keeping the quads all by herself one day- HUGE!), Uncle Dan, Auntie Dani, Uncle Ed, and Jess! Love you all SO much.

 

I encourage you fine ladies in the Blogosphere---whether childless or child-FULL, quad mom or singleton mom, married/single/divorced… to find your own group of incredible friends and get together as often as possible!

 

The 16 of us will continue to vacation every year for our annual Quad Mom Trip and I encourage you all to do the same with your besties. These bonds that have been formed are stronger than anything I could have EVER imagined---many of these chicas have been a major part of my life for almost 4 YEARS now and I cherish the time that we get to spend together each year.

 

To my soul sisters: Beth, Charity, Sandra, Misty, Kami, Kelly, Heather, Casey, Moni, Mari, Jac, JK, JWalk, AJ, and Genny-poo…thank you for one of the best trips of my life. You mean the absolute world to me and are some of my best friends in the entire universe. God has truly blessed each and every one of us- by bringing us together and I look forward to growing old with all of you. We will all be sportin’ some serious gray hair and dentures to Quad Momma 2060! But have no worries---Gen and I will be coloring everyone’s hair while Moni gives the makeovers. ;)

 

Love to you all.

suz signature

40 comments:

jag said...

Okay, my heart aches when I think that next year's trip is, well, NEXT YEAR! Oh, how I miss you Suz! LOVE! LOVE! LOVE!

Anonymous said...

Yay! More pictures! Y'all are too stinkin' cute! Y'all don't look like quad moms, y'all look like a group of high school cheerleaders at camp. lol! That's a compliment! You girls definitely know how to have fun. I'm surprised Joe missed out on that one picture of y'all making crazy faces. He's the king of crazy faces. I wish I could enlarge the pictures, I could only view them the size they are on your blog. Can't wait to read about next year's trip!
Cathy in Frisco

Jess said...

SO. MUCH. FUN!!!!

You Quad Mommas deserve every single minute of it!!!

Gen McNulty said...

Holy crying like a baby. God love you and this beautiful post. Miss you so much it hurts.

BTW: sticking with the FIRE til the day I die.. tee hee hee!!!


I heart you.
xoxo
Gen

Jac Tubre said...

Oh Suz Steece that is one amazing post! Love you so much...can't wait for QM 2011!!!!

You are quite a beauty inside and out. Download that Eric Church song Miss "Hellon the Heart" :)

Jenn K said...

I love you, almost as much as I love Texas Queso!

BFF!

Cori said...

Looks like you guys had fun!

Hop on over to my blog to receive your blog award. Thanks for blogging with substance:)

Charity Donovan said...

Oh girl...you just HAD to put THAT picture on your post!!!!!! HAAAAA!!!! Love you so much...even if you refused to partake in our community hot dog!!!! There's always next year! ;)

Kari said...

What a great time it looks like you all had! It is hard to get away when you have multiples and it is so refeshing to see that it can be done!

pyjammy pam said...

aw, that looks like so much fun! and that house! oh man...

i'm happy to say i have my own group of multiple mama friends, but they mostly have (gasp) twins. :P

Unknown said...

Your trip and all of you ladies sound so freaking amazing! Oh, what I would give for a group of friends that big and that close!!! What an amazing bond you all have! You all deserve that time together so much! And how awesome that you all had so many people to help take care of your kiddos while gone!! what a blessing!

Misty said...

Oh Suz!!!! I love this post!!! Can't wait to do a playdate & so glad you liked your necklace.
Love you!!!!
Misty

Kat said...

Love all the pics! Looks like you ladies had a FABULOUS time!!!

Jessica said...

Can you tell us how you found that rental property? Thinking about taking girls vacation someday in the future and Lake Travis was on our "possibilities" list! Please post a link to information on the gorgeous rental???

Thanks! Great pics! Looks AWESOME!

Kami Lambe said...

What an awesome recap! Loved all the subtle references to things...especially the IDs! Miss you and can't wait for next year!!!

Love,
K

Anonymous said...

Does anyone have identical quads?

Kelly Trullinger said...

ID???? SO glad you reminded US girl! What a heart wrenching (in a good way) post...I cried, just a little (I never do that, Hehehe. I don't think I can even come close to this blog post...I might have to attach yours (your link)to finish up mine if you don't mind...what a great journal!
Love you!

Unknown said...

You are all so cute - and YOUNG. Makes this triplet mom feel like an old underachiever - lol!

Thanks for sharing.

www.teensandtriplets.com

Ashley said...

Ok, I must know where this house is that you guys rented! I have a group of online mommy friends and we are always looking for places to get together. And since I live in the DFW area, this would be perfect. (for me at least!ha!) This looks fabulous! Love your blog.

Liz said...

You know, I don't have quads, but I only live a couple hours away. If you ever come through Tyler, I'd love to get together for Mexican food! :)

Kris said...

Okay, I just LOVE this post. Having girlfriends whom you can have so much fun with is a must! It is making me miss my very favorite friends.

You all look so happy and stress-free. You all so deserve this wind down time with each other.

Thanks for letting the rest of share in your fun vacation. It makes a girl smile with memories of her own fun times with friends. :)

Hayley said...

looks like ya'll had a blast! can't wait for our 1st twim momma trip this year!!!

Jocelyn said...

How very cool! I live in Austin (and am frequently at the Hill County Galleria in Bee Cave and some of the other places you mentioned), and I'm sure I would have FREAKED OUT (in a good way!) if I would have seen y'all out on 6th Street that night.

It sounds like y'all had a TON of fun!

Leigha said...

Suz! Awesome pics!!! You have GOT to let us in on where to get info on that lake house. Gorgeous! Would be PERFECT for vacations!!!! Oh and 67 kids!!! Makes ME want to SCREAM!!!!!! That's amazing!

The Cochran Crew said...

Such precious pics! I love the way you tell stories! Hannah Noelle teared up when I read your part to her! Love you so much Mrs. Suzanne Steece, Love, Mrs. Sandra Cochran Steece! :)

The Drama Mama said...

That is so great!! It looks like a good time was had by all...no, make that a FABULOUS time! I'm so glad you all continue to do that...so important! Big HUGS!!

Stephanie said...

What a fabulous post!!!!
I love seeing the love in all of your eyes!!
Such a beautiful group of girls!
If yall are in TX again next year, I am driving my tail there just to hug on all of your necks!!!

Anonymous said...

You enlarged the pictures! Thank you! Now we can see you all much better!
Cathy in Frisco

Jac Tubre said...

Hey Anon - no one has identical quads, Kami Lambe has 3 identical boys and a girl, and several others have a set of identicals with 2 fraternals, but no all 4 identical.

Suz - had to look at the pics again...relive the sweetness. Love you so much - great post!

Jac

Anonymous said...

Why do you all look so awesome? Honestly...have you all had tummy tucks? ;)

i only have triplets and look horrendous compared to y'all!

Looks fun

QuatroMama said...

Gahhhhhh....
So much sweetness filled in this post. Loved that I could almost hear your voice saying it all.
Beautiful, Suz. Priceless.

Sarah said...

What a fun vaca!! I'd love to know more about this house y'all stayed in!! If there is a website or something with more info I'd greatly appreciate it!

Alissa said...

What fun to have such a close group of girlfriends! Looks like you all had a blast! And everyone looks so beautiful!

KatieB. said...

Ya'll look more like Sorority Sisters on spring break rather than moms who carried quads! So stinkin' cute! I'm sure it's nice to have a large support group like that :)

Melissa said...

How fun! You girls look crazy and so much fun! With quads at home, I know that you were due a fun filled weekend alone. I have twins and so need to find a fun group like this!!! Girlfriends are the best!!!!

Jenni said...

What a wonderful get away for all you deserving moms! The bond you girls have is amazing!

Mrs. Southern said...

Love all the pics, looks like you guys have a great time! My girlfriends and I are trying to plan a trip right now and that house would be perfect. Could you email me any info you have on it when you have time please? Love it!
annamballard@yahoo.com

Thanks!!!

Jen said...

I gotta know--how did you all have 4 babies at one time and you are still rockin out bikinis?! Two single babies wrecked my poor belly and I now hide it under cute tankinis out of necessity!

Looks like you all had a blast!

The Daily Stroll said...

What a fun trip! Looks like you girls had a fabulous time! My Sorority pledge class has a reunion every year and we try to stay in a different city each year but Austin is our favorite. Last year we stayed at the Lake Austin Resorty and Spa. This house would be a perfect option. If you or someone else has the info on this rental will you email me - monda_@r@hotmail.com Thanks so much!!! :)

Diane said...

A.mazing!!!!! It looks like you had such a great time together!!! It looks like a much needed and refreshing trip!! Where are you going this year???

Related Posts with Thumbnails