Friday, April 11, 2014

Spring Break Tour of Texas

Poor Shi Shi, thought she was coming with us. She assumed this position as I was loading up the burb. She LOVES to sun bathe. Broke my heart- and yes, she indeed freak out.

IMG_4348

 

 

The first leg of our journey was to Waco, Texas for some good Papa and Granna lovin’. My Dad took the kids to the Children’s Museum by Baylor… by HIMSELF! God love that man. These are the pictures he texted me.

IMG_4350IMG_4351IMG_4352IMG_4353IMG_4354

 

 

The next day, we head out for SOUUUUUTHwest Texas to love on our GREAT grandparents in Uvalde. Did I mention I was by myself? Ahhhhhhhhhhh! But the car ride was great and the kids were awesome.

IMG_4358

 

 

I have traveled this road MANY times as an infant/toddler/child/teenager/adult… and Haby’s Bakery in Castroville, Texas is an absolute MUST-STOP. My FAVORITE bakery in the world. The kids LOVED it as well. Made my heart melt.

IMG_4360

 

 

We arrived to my grandparents house! SOOO special. Love them.

IMG_4368

 

 

…and look what my Papa had waiting for us--- his homemade Banana Pudding! I took a snarky selfie to send to my brother, like any loving sis would do.

IMG_4361

 

 

Aunt Susan came to play with us as well! I could NEVER get enough of this sweet-as-sugar auntie of mine. Love her SO much.

IMG_4376 

 

She lavished the quads with fun toys/candy/snacks!

IMG_4363IMG_4379

 

 

Sweet Aunt Sue treated us to the movies!

IMG_4382IMG_4383

 

 

“Smushie Sandwich” from my identicals. They have created their own “thing”~ known as smushies. I’m sure it has gotten them in trouble a time or two at school when they pop out of line to love on each other. Winking smile

IMG_4386

 

 

Playing in my Papa’s beautiful backyard!

IMG_4391

 

 

SOOOO happy that Uncle Ronnie drove down just to come play with us for the evening!

IMG_4394

 

 

I don’t get down to South Texas NEAR as much as I want to--- (especially with extra curriculars taking up our weekends)… so I knew that it was a definite stop during our Spring Break! Love these grandparents and GreatGrands. So special.

IMG_4364

 

 

Next stop was Austin, Texas to love on Grammy and Grampy! This was the ONLY picture Joe sent me all week--- Grampy teachin his grandsons a thing or 2 about foosball!

photo

 

 

You see, I had to drop the kids in Austin and then travel to Houston. My Mom was getting her PET scan results to see if all of her radiation and chemo had eradicated her cancer cells. Nervous much?! My bro came for support as well…

IMG_4399-001

 

 

Best. News. EVER. Cancer free! Mom with her cancer-fightin-cowboy, Dr. Bevers.

IMG_4400

 

We left Houston to travel back to Waco for some celebrating! Then traveled to Arlington where we met up with Joe and the kids.

 

Oh, and don’t worry about Shiloh~ she was having the time of her life with Auntie Liz and her favorite little twin girlies! I just about died when Liz texted me this picture. The girls LOVE dressing Shiloh. Hilarity.

IMG_4405

 

Awesome whirlwind week- getting to love on our GreatGrands, grandparents, and family; finding out Mom was cancer-free! Couldn’t have asked for a better Spring Break!

 

suz signature

2 comments:

Penny said...

With all the grandparent visits, I'm betting spring break was great for them, too! Love it when my daughters and grands are able to visit. Such wonderful news about your mom. God is good! :)

Linda said...

Praise God for your good news!!! That is just wonderful!! I know how relieved you are - it is a HAPPY happy spring!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails